|Title:||RI BEHAVIOR SPECIALIST|
|City, State:||Rhode Island|
Applied Behavioral Interventions (ABI) specializes in providing intensive behavioral health services for individuals with developmental delays and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
Under the direction of Applied Behavioral Intervention’s (ABI) assigned case Clinical Supervisor/Behavior Analyst, the Behavior Specialist is responsible for carrying out the specified treatment plan via one-on-one instruction/teaching in order to meet identified treatment goals.
- Provide direct one-on-one teaching trials with the client and family in the home/community under the supervision of a clinical supervisor
- Record daily data on each of the client's treatment plan objectives and behavioral protocols (e.g., behavior intervention plans, token economies, etc.)
- Complete session notes at the end of each session to be signed by the parent/legal guardian and submitted on the required due dates
- Work collaboratively with related service providers assigned to the child's case (e.g., SLPs, PTs, OTs, school teachers, etc.)
- Participate in supervision as recommended and required
- Attend trainings to satisfy on-going agency training requirements
- Maintain professional and ethical standards, including confidentiality and boundaries of professional relationships
- An Associate's degree in human services (i.e., psychology, counseling, child development, education, nursing, etc.) is preferred; high-school degree or equivalent and 2 years of supervised experience working with children with special health care needs is accepted
- Successfully pass a Board of Criminal Identification (BCI) and Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS) screenings.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills for effective functioning within a team setting
- Current driver’s license and valid vehicle registration and insurance
- Schedule flexibility and travel ability for home-based services
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Motivated with a proven ability to build and work collaboratively and independently in a team-oriented environment
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and communicate verbally and in writing
Applied Behavioral Interventions (ABI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.