Case is in Jamaica, Queens (ZIP 11434)
Rochdale Village/Springfield Gardens COOP
Applied Behavioral Interventions (ABI) is seeking fun, energetic, individuals to work part-time providing evidence-based, behavioral therapy to children on the autism spectrum. Our multi-modal program incorporates both directive and naturalistic teaching methods tailored to the specific needs of each client and family. ABI’s clinical protocols were developed and are overseen by a licensed psychologist and board certified behavior analyst (BCBA-D), with over 15 years of direct clinical experience working with individuals on the autism spectrum and their families. We have immediate openings in Orange, Rockland, Westchester, Bronx, New York, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Nassau counties within New York State.
What we offer:
- Professional development and ongoing supervision in the emerging field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) working with individuals on the autistic spectrum.
- A flexible, part-time schedule
- A rewarding experience helping children and families reach their full potential
- Many cases are within close proximity to your home
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in late afternoon, evenings and weekends and around the needs of the clients
- Complete 20 hours of initial ABA training and NYS Child Abuse/Mandated reporter workshop
- Attend Professional Development Trainings, as required
- Work collaboratively with a BCBA supervisor to implement basic principles and teaching procedures of ABA therapy
- Arrive on time and prepared for therapy sessions
- Provide in-home, and community-based Applied Behavioral Analysis therapy
- Collect behavior and skill acquisition data during sessions
- Complete thorough session notes immediately after session
- Be responsive to the needs and requests of clients, their families and supervisors
- Be goal-oriented and maintain professionalism in all aspects of your work
- The ability to physically lift up to 50 lbs.
A high school diploma or its equivalent AND 2 years of full-time, direct, supervised work experience providing services to children and/or adolescents
Applied Behavioral Interventions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.